Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's Been Awhile.....

I'm ashamed. I haven't blogged in quite some time and I can report that I have a really good excuse. Not only have I been adjusting to working a "normal" job, and having a junior higher (which by the way just complicates life 100x more) I have also been having to buck up and force myself to deal with my "pain".

No, my "pain" is not one of my kids, all though I do think that they sometimes have contributed to it..but my pain is exactly that- pain. I've had it for years and over time it progressively became worse. So bad in fact I couldn't go on ignoring it, I had to do something about it. Living on pain meds was not an option I would accept, I was looking for something more permanent. Fortunately, there was a solution, unfortunately that solution required surgery, but it was the best option. Last week I bit the bullet, and went under the knife. I'm happy to report that as of today I am very happy with my decision and am looking forward to the future- pain free!

So here is to the first post of many to come.....get ready. A writer is about to emerge!

1 comment: