Saturday, August 6, 2011

Workout- Resistance Training

Today I did some resistance training. I resisted from smacking my husband, I resisted from selling my kids, I resisted from getting in my car and driving far, far away. Yes, today was a day of resistance training and I did it all day long.

First my husband woke up on a rampage....a rampage to do every little job I've been asking him to do for months. Usually this would be great, but when he is in a mood like he was today, this is actually bad. Why? Because he is constantly asking me for help. I planned to read a book today. Instead I heard my name being called every five minutes. Oh, he said he needed help, but really that wasn't it. He just wanted me to stand there and watch him do things so that I couldn't read my book.

The major thing on the honey do list was to clean out the dryer vent that runs through our house. I would have been happy to do this on my own, but this is one of the things that my husband has banned me from doing. Although, he needed my help anyways. He wanted me to help by holding a garbage bag over the vent while he gassed up the leaf blower outside on the other end. That was it. Simple. Right? Not so much. As soon as he gassed up that blower the bag filled up like a balloon and shot across the room, leaving me the catch all for the lent that had accumulated for the past two years.

Then I asked my kids to help clean up after dinner. I'm attempting to get the acclimated to doing chores now that I'm going back to school. I asked one to unload the dishwasher, one to load the dishwasher and one to wipe of the table. That was it. Simple. Right? Not so much. You would have thought I asked them to cut off their left arms and donate them to science. Give me a break!

The last straw, the one caused me to use the most restraint was when my daughter called. I would love to say that I look forward to calls from my daughter, but truth is, it's never a social call. She calls for two reasons- one- to ask if she can spend the night somewhere and two- to ask if she can have someone spend the night. This time it was number two and I said no. That was it. Simple. Right? Not so much. This call typically wouldn't have resulted in me doing resistance training, however when I said no and she hung up on me....well that was hardest work out of the day.

Phew, I am pooped. The rest of my exercise today is going to consist of some arm curls.....a glass of wine in one hand, and a book in the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment